Flights & Transfer Information
- The closest airport is Sharm El Sheikh (SSH), which is approximately 1 hour’s drive from Dahab.
- Charter flights are available from many European airports to Sharm el Sheikh or Nuweiba. For UK based clients, the main charter companies are Easy Jet, Thompson Flights, and Thomas Cook Holidays.
- Scheduled flights are also available flying into Cairo with a variety of airlines. Direct Services are offered via Egypt Air and British Airways, and BMI whilst cheaper non-direct alternatives may be found with Olympic Airways or Alitalia. Connecting flights from Cairo to Sharm can be organized with Egypt Air. Alternatively, bus connections or private transportations are available from Cairo to Dahab.
- Some airlines will allow in excess of 20kg baggage allowance free of charge for sports and diving equipment only upon proof of dive certificate. Please check in advance.
- Egypt Air has a bonus with an extra generous check in baggage allowance for all travellers (please check in advance with the airline)
- Transfers can be arranged by us from Sharm El Sheikh please just drop us an email to make a booking.
Some useful flight operator websites:
Airport & Private Transfers
- Transfer time from Sharm el Sheikh Airport to Dahab is approximately 1 hour.
- Please see our Pricelist for Airport Transfers for Sharm el Sheikh Airport to Dahab.
- Private transfers can be arranged by us from any port of arrival with notice.
- For private transfer prices from Cairo or other ports of arrival (Taba, Nuweiba etc) please contact us for details.
Bus - Local Travel
- A regular bus service operates daily from Cairo to Dahab, including day and 1 overnight service.
- The journey by public bus can take approximately 8 -9 hours.
- Alternatively we can arrange a mini bus which takes less time, sharing with less people and travel directly. Or a private car can also be arranged. For more details about these more private services please email us.
If you are arriving by ferry or road from the Taba border a public bus runs about 1-2 times per day only. Or we can also provide a private transfer.
Luggage and dive gear
- TOP TIP: As a diver you may have your own dive equipment and wish to bring that with you. As mentioned, some airlines will increase your luggage allowance for free if you let them know in advance you’ll be travelling with sports equipment. When you are booking your flights, just give them a call to ask if they do this.
If you have any other questions regarding travel to Dahab or Egypt please do not hesitate to contact us, so we can be of help.