Try Something Different...
We can assist our divers with arrangements for the following trips, helping you book with reputable companies that we trust or otherwise directing you to the right people.
Situated in the heart of the Sinai, with the tranquility and wilderness of the desert close by, Dahab is an ideal place from which to explore the Sinai region. Excursions can be organized through us, with a little help from the hospitable Bedouin tribes and the Local Egyptian's of the area, to explore this historically fascinating and truly magical region:
- Mount Sinai & St. Catherine’s Monastery – A trip from Dahab to the mountain of the Ten Commandments and the Burning Bush. Mount Sinai is a memorable experience, watching the sun rise from its peak. The Mountain Peak stands at 2882 meters (7500 feet) above sea level. According to religious tradition this is where Moses received the tablets of the Law with the Ten Commandments, also a famous pilgrimage. This is an unforgettable trip, the view from the peak is truly breathtaking and well worth the efforts of the climb – which is not for the un-fit or faint hearted! At the end of the climb and view of the spectacular sunrise, in the morning you will descend and visit the famous Monastery of St Catherine where you will see all its treasuries and come close to the monks who still inhabit the monastery.
- Bedouin Dinner under the Desert Mountain Stars - Night in the desert has its own charm and mystery... You are invited to have a Bedouin dinner under the stars. This is a natural exhibition of the Bedouins' lifestyle, culture, and this experience gives you a good introduction to their lifestyle.
- Quad Safari - Discover the variety and charm of Dahab with Quad Bikes. A unique adventure - go on your own , with family, friends or a group. You will whizz through the beautiful dessert landscape whilst manoeuvring the winding routes through out the desert landscapes and across the sea shores – be ready for some fun!
- Desert Safari – Coloured Canyon – Want to walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims, tradesman of the Arab Penninsual and locals? A trip into the Wadi – (the word for Canyon) provides this experience, exploring usually hard to reach and navigate areas under the care of a local guide who knows the area like the back of his hand. You will enjoy its contrasting textures and colours, rugged and smooth coloured peaking landscapes. This natural beauty really does provide dramatic effects with light and shadow creating stunning visuals. Enjoy this magical experience that the Sinai has offered to man over decades. This trip can be provided by camel and jeep on request.
- Petra, Jordan - Petra, one of the world wonders, is without a doubt Jordan’s most valuable treasure and greatest tourist attraction. It is a vast, unique city, carved into the sheer mountainous rock face by the Nabataeans, an industrious Arab people who settled there more than 2000 years ago, it was an important junction for the silk, spice and other trade routes that linked China, India and southern Arabia with Egypt, Syria, Greece and Rome. Although much has been written and flimed (Indiana Jones Movie) about Petra, nothing really prepares you for this amazing place and overwhelming beauty. It has to be seen to be believed.
Much more can be done during your days in Dahab such as Horse Riding, Camel Riding, Wind/Kite Surfing, Hiking and Rock Climbing, the possibilities are endless.
For Snorkel Trips to the Bluehole for individuals or groups, with a guide we can provide this service directly. (Please ask for details).
For more information about the land excursions please ask when you are at the dive centre or drop us an email. We do not operate these services ourselves but can arrange these for you via reputable agencies that we trust, or can point you in the right direction. Whatever you are thinking about - even if it is not here - let us know during your stay and we will do our best to help wherever possible.