Visas & Passport
On arrival your passport will be stamped with a 14 day visa, or you can pay for a longer stay visa, which you will need if you wish to travel outside of the South Sinai region.
With the free 14 days visa you cannot go to Ras Mohamed (Thistlegorm Shipwreck) or to the Pyramids for example. If you wish to do any of these trips - or travel across Egypt- we advise you pay for an ‘All Egypt’ visa on arrival at the airport. Once you’ve left the airport it can be very complicated and difficult.
- Visas valid for 30 days can be bought from ports of entry on arrival. Visas are needed to enter mainland Egypt.
- The All Egypt Visa is not needed for those who intend to visit only Dahab or undertake a trip to Mount Sinai and St. Catherine’s and Sharm el Sheikh etc as they are all in the South Sinai region.
- Important: A visa is needed if you intend to travel to Ras Mohamed National Park or go on a boat safari to Thistlegorm.
- Your passport must be valid for 6 months on arrival.
- The ‘All Egypt’ Visas cost approximatley 15US $ although the equivalent can be paid in English Pounds or Euros. This may be subject to change which you will be advised about when purchasing your visa.
Please also check the with your tour operator or consult the appropriate Egyptian Embassy website of your counrty to see the latest entrance visa rules for Egypt.